Dear Chamber Member and Chamber Friends,
Here are your Friday Facts.
For Our Members:
- PG Chamber radio show: Exclusively for PG Chamber members: NOW BOOKING FOR FEBRUARY 2021. We are very pleased to announce that our monthly radio show on Seaview 104.9FM will be returning to its usual monthly spot on the Bob Alexander Radio Show on the first Wednesday and Thursday of each month. The process is very simple – no need to visit the studio. Bob will call you, set up a recording time and it’ll be done over the phone and inserted directly into the progaming of this very popular show. You get the option to record two x 2.5 minute slots or else simply record one and have it aired twice during the show. Bob will be able to let you know exactly during which hour it will air. The cost is an incredible $110 (payable to the PG Chamber, not iHeart). To register for the show, simply email John Wright. The rest we’ll take care of for you. Only ten businesses per month, so don’t delay. Offering you a great way to promote your business, advertise an event or simply to show your community support.
- Spam Emails. It has come to our attention that some of you have received an anonymous email, suggesting that the attendance database for our Wine & Jazz Festival is up for sale. If you have received such a notice, please disregard/delete. It is spam. The source has been traced to a rundown office opposite a coffee house in India. The URL of the Company involved has been removed and the email blast has been reported. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THEIR EMAIL
For Our Community
- From Punta Gorda City. On Jan. 25 Taylor Road from Marion Avenue to approximately half of Herald Court will be closed the Sunloft building management was approved for a road closure so that they can utilize a crane to remove the A/C unit from the roof and place a new one. They anticipate that this could be completed in 4 hours or can take all day depending on how smooth it goes. The Sunloft Management will be notifying all the businesses so that they can notify their customers. Since that is a heavily traveled road, the City and PGPD will do social media postings a day or two before so people can take an alternate route and hopefully prevent a crash. They are directing all deliveries to utilize Sullivan.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in Charlotte County. It will be administered by Charlotte County Health Department ONLY at this time. Call COVID 19 Call Center +1 (866) 776-6121, email COVIDemail@example.com, or text CharCoCares to 888-777.
- Charlotte County Centennial Year begins. A message from Brian Gleason, Communications Manager, Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners.
- From CCSO. Offers a no-cost C.A.T registry for residents and businesses. The Combat Auto-Theft program is a voluntary vehicle registration program, which once registered, you receive a numbered decal that is placed into the low left corner of the rear driver’s window. By displaying this decal, the vehicle owner gives law enforcement officers permission to do an investigative stop of the vehicle, during the hours of 1am-5am for personal vehicles and 8p-5a for business vehicles to determine if the vehicle has been stolen.
In response to recent trailer thefts throughout the county, we have added registering trailers to the C.A.T program. We encourage all trailers – to include boat trailers, open style utility trailers, as well as enclosed utility trailers – to be registered. Contact the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office Crime Prevention Unit to schedule your registry 941-613-3227.
- The Laird’s Golf Tournament. Join us at the Paradise Golf Course on January 29, 2021 (Shotgun Start at 12.30pm). Get ready for an awesome day! Click Here for details.
- The 7th Annual Punta Gorda Short Film Festival. Will be held at City Market Place, Punta Gorda as a Retro Drive-In, on Tuesday March 2, 2021. TICKETS AVAILABLE AT CHAMBER OFFICE (cash or check preferred). Click Here for Event Flyer.
- The Pirates are back! Pirates in Paradise Fun for all the Family on April 10 1pm to 6.30pm on the Great Lawn at Four Points by Sheraton.
Chamber Calendar of Events Members ONLY
RSVP’s are very important, as are cancellations. We are not able to take bookings through the website for these events at the moment, so please call (941) 639 3720 (during office hours 9am to 2pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
January 19: Business After Hours 5:30 pm – 7 pm. Come and join your Chamber for our Business after Hours hosted by The Loveland Center at The Wyvern Hotel, 101 E. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda. Don’t forget to bring a gift to promote and showcase your business!
January 21: Ribbon Cutting at 5.30pm. Welcome new members PG Social House and Room by Room Furnishings, 258 W. Marion Ave, Punta Gorda.
January 22: Ribbon Cutting at 5.00pm. Welcome new member Harbor Social LLC, 212 W. Marion Ave, Punta Gorda.
January 27: Networking Luncheon 12 Noon-1:30pm. ONLY 5 SLOTS AVAILABLE. Come and join your Chamber for our Networking Lunch at The Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center, 75 Taylor Street, Punta Gorda for the traditional State of the City Address by the Mayor of Punta Gorda. Reservations Required. Menu Choices: Seared Filet Mignon; Pesto Roasted Artic Salmon; Montage of Vegetables. Please be sure to RSVP (with menu choice) to email@example.com or call 941-639-3720. Cost is $20.00 per person pre-paid. We take cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover & Amex.
January 28: Ribbon Cutting at 5.30pm. Welcome new member Coastal Expressions & Wine Bar, 1133 Bal Harbor Blvd, Ste 1135, Punta Gorda.
All the Following Information is for Our Community. Please Shop Local!
Partners in Action News
Four Points by Sheraton (Platinum) – Please join us at T.T.’s Tiki Bar for the best live bands around! Please click to find out when all your favorites will be playing this month. The Tiki Bar….The Place To Be!!
SUN Newspapers (Platinum Media) – The Inbox
Bayfront Health (Gold) – Bayfront Port Charlotte announces the completion of over 120 Trans-Catheter Aortic Valve Replacements (TAVRs), the life-saving innovation for patients with critical aortic stenosis. Jim Keppel, 75-year-old PG resident, was one to benefit. “Before, I couldn’t walk more than 50-100 yards without huffing and puffing and having to sit down, but now I feel better and can walk longer distances than before.” To learn more, or to see if you may be a candidate, call 941-766-4982.
Landsberg Bennett Private Wealth Management (Gold) – Your Donation will be Matched! Our Annual Build Campaign Continues with Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity.
TIME Realty Services, Inc (Gold) – The Reality of Affordable Luxury in Nicaragua Thinking about moving to Latin America where you can stretch your dollar and enjoy life at a slower pace? Discover how you can change your reality by making your home at Gran Pacifica Beach and Golf Resort where you can develop your own rhythms of life and enjoy relationships with your like-minded ex-pat neighbors. Due to the lower cost of living, you will be able to afford comforts and pastimes that aren’t usually an option in North America. Check out our neighborhoods. Watch the video https://bit.ly/3qNywiA For more information contact Della Booth, Broker TIME Realty Services Cell/What’s App +1 239-699-4493
Downtown Farmers Market (Gold) – The Saturday Punta Gorda farmers Market is open every Saturday from 8am to 1pm. Latest Newsletter.
Charlotte State Bank and Trust (Silver) – The complimentary trust and investment management seminars presented by Charlotte State Bank & Trust Vice President Christine Hause and Portfolio Manager Gregory Thomas continue next week with “Out-of-State Wills, Trusts and POAs” on Tuesday, Jan. 19, “Bond Risk and How to Avoid It” on Wednesday, Jan. 20, and “Will Versus Trust” on Thursday, Jan. 21. The free educational sessions are being held as live seminars and online webinars. Registration is available at any branch office, online at www.charlottestatebank.com, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Brielle at 941-624-1943.
Creative Window Treatments (Silver) – is your local Hunter Douglas Showcase Dealer. Our current Hunter Douglas Promotion Energy Smart Style Saving Event runs until 3/22/21. Insulating shades can increase your comfort & help lower your energy bill. Rebates start at $100 on qualifying purchases. FREE In-Home consultations! 941-637-0015 / 941-828-0000
C.A.R.E. of Charlotte County (Bronze) – There will be no CARE Ball for 2021 – here is the perfect way to show your support virtually. Please check out our 2021 Fundraising page. As you scroll down you will notice a ribbon. This is like a fundraising thermometer, and will fill with color (purple and teal) as we receive individual donations, and donors names will scroll up and down. Donors can choose to remain anonymous when they make a donation. https://Care2021.givesmart.com
Charlotte Players (Bronze) – Save The Date! “The Edwards Twins” February 1st or February 2nd, 2021; 7:30pm! New Location: Charlotte Harbor Event Center, 75 Taylor Road, Punta Gorda! Masks Required! Social Distancing Seating Observed! Preferred and Regular seating tickets On Sale: Box Office 941.255.1022 (M-F 10am-4pm; Sat 10am-1pm) or online at www.charlotteplayers.org. Bill Gladwell & “Mind Games” – He’s Coming to the Langdon!
GulfShore Opera (Bronze) – Kick off 2021 with GO!
Military Heritage Museum (Support) – Upcoming January Events You Do Not Want to Miss!
Peace River Botanical & Sculpture Gardens (Support) – Thank you to the over 3100 people that visited during our Gardens Aglow. The garden is a great place to relax and enjoy nature in a safe peaceful place. Won’t you help us provide more programs and experiences by checking out our Amazon wish list at https://smile.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2RPVA5P7CQC4P/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2?_encoding=UTF8&type=wishlist
Virginia B. Andes volunteer Community Clinic (Support) – A letter of thanks.
Visual Arts Center (Support) – Choose how You learn: Online or Onsite Classes, Workshops and Open Studios are happening now at the VAC! Join us for Evening Wine & Painting Socials, Wed. nights 6-9pm: Coming Up is “Let’s Get Splashed” Jan 20, “Etched Glasses” Jan 27 and “Fused Glass” Jan 29. View “Florida’s Best” and “Nature of Blue on display until Feb 10. Register at www.VisualArtCenter.org. Located @ 210 Maud St, across from Fishermen’s Village. Gallery & Gift Store Hours: Mon & Fri: 10a-4p, Tue-Thu: 10a-7p, Sat: 10a-2p. Events, Classes, Memberships, Call to Artists at visualartcenter.org
Sullivan Street Craft Fair, Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 5pm
THIS SATURDAY – Chakulla at Wildwood Pizza
The Cocoa Exchange – 50% off Everything!
Copperfish Books – is holding a Food Drive, collecting food and hygiene items through February 14. Donations of non-perishable food (no glass, please) and hygiene products will go to the United Way of Charlotte County and be distributed to families that participate in their Charlotte County Reads program. Over the years, our amazing community has helped feed young minds through our Book Drives. Now we hope to help nourish our neighbors in need. Copperfish Books is located at 212 W. Virginia Avenue, Suite 112, Punta Gorda. We are open for safe shopping Mon-Fri 10-5, Sat 10-4, and Sun 11-3.
Punta Gorda Chocolate & Wine – SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION!!! The Chocolatier will handcraft Chocolate Covered Strawberries just in time for Valentine’s Day. A Dozen Delectable Dipped & Decorated Strawberries for $52.95. Deadline to order is Friday, the 5th of February. To ensure freshness, scheduled pick up dates and times will be from the 11th of February until the 13th. YOU MUST PREORDER: 941-505-0479.
Jersey Mike’s Subs – Happy New Year! Our Jersey Mike’s Subs location in Punta Gorda is now serving breakfast. We are now open at 7:30 am.
Fishermen’s Village – Please Click Here for our February calendar. Retail space for lease: We are seeking a savvy business entrepreneur to join our family of successful, independently owned shops and boutiques at Fishermen’s Village! Space size: 1,584 sq. ft. in prime location. Please forward interested inquiries to GM, Patti Allen via email: email@example.com.
Mark Martella, Esq. of Icard Merrill – Have you taken the steps to protect you and your family if something unexpected happens to you or your spouse? To get answers to all your estate planning questions and learn how to protect your family, contact Mark Martella, Esq. of Icard Merrill at 941-206-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a complimentary one hour, no obligation consultation, and learn how to be prepared for the unexpected.
The Loveland Center – Do Good With Burritos! Join The Loveland Center at The Chipotle in North Port on January 25th from 4PM until 8PM. 33% of all orders will go to supporting Loveland Center’s mission, providing services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Just use code XRH3AT7 when you order!
Covenant Business Planning & Solutions – Business Survival Guide. In event of a natural or economic disaster, is your business prepared? Your business should have a Business Strategic Contingency Plan. For any disaster plan, be sure you have written instructions and procedures in place AND communicated them to your employees…More Information: Click Here.
The Firm 360 Photography – Check out this cool project we just finished shooting for Wharton-Smith, Inc. and the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office. Let us know what you think! We can do this 3 D Virtual Walking Tour for your business too. Contact us today for details at 941-347-8198, or visit our website: www.the firm 360
Florida Skin Center – Launches Online Scheduling and Text Messaging for Patients.
Punta Gorda Rotary Club – has been serving our community since 1925, offering business networking, fellowship, and service to our citizens. If you would like to be part of doing good for Punta Gorda and the world, please join us for one of our Thursday noon meetings at the Isles Yacht Club. For more information contact Darcy Hanley at 303-927-9437 or email email@example.com.
Nino’s Bakery & Restaurant/Lounge – besides great pastries, breads, cakes & cookies, Nino’s is open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (except Mon nights)! They feature entertainment most evenings too! LADIES Night Out, check out Jan 23rd on our calendar!!! https://ninosbakery.us/entertainment/
SCORE – Sign Up for a 15 minute Webinar about Sales Funnels.
Animal Medical Clinic of Punta Gorda – Ring in the new year, 10% off
Gator Mike’s – We will now be highlighting our product offerings at Latitude 78 Bar & Grille at Gator Mike’s via a monthly calendar so that everyone can see all the great entertainment, food and drink specials we are offering. We are the best kept secret in the cape, up until now… as we crank up the marketing machine for this location.
Suncoast Humane Society – A Mattie May Pup-date!
FGCU – Register Now for SHRM Essentials of Human Resources!
USA Dance #6126 – January Calendar.
Tidewell Foundation – Now a Virtual Event. Friday February 5, 2021 – Signature Luncheon featuring Lorna Luft. 11.30am to 1.30pm. For Tickets Click Here. Event Description: A healthcare advocate, Broadway star, noted author and daughter of the legendary actress, Judy Garland, Lorna talks candidly about the challenges of terminal illness and the power of hospice care, and the positive impact it has for patients and families. Signature Luncheon participants will be able to enjoy the program via live streaming. A link to watch the program will be emailed along with detailed instructions several days prior to the event. Virtual experience tickets are $200.
Punta Gorda Symphony – Symphony on the Lawn, February 6, 2021.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul – The Charlotte County district society of St Vincent de Paul will hold its 12th annual Walk for the Poor in Laishley Park on February 13, 2021. Save the date and watch for more information! This year perhaps more than ever this fundraiser is needed to continue to help those so devastated by COVID-19.
Farr Law Firm
Kelsey J. Veitengruber named a Farr Law Firm Shareholder. Click Here for all the details.
Farr Law Firm welcomes New Associate Attorney Nicole S. Peet. Click Here for all the details.
Fontana Wealth Management of Raymond James
Richard A. Fontana, Achieves Membership in Raymond James & Associates 2020 President’s Club. Click Here for all the details.
Part Time Job – Coastal Expressions & Wine Bar 1133 Bal Harbor Blvd #1135 Punta Gorda is looking for a combination bar back, appetizer prep (NO Cooking) light dishwashing. Weekend days & evenings as well as special events, approx. 20 hours available immediately. This position will include above duties and closing duties. $11/hr. plus.
FGCU Part Time Administrative Specialist. Please Click Here for further details.
Charlotte Arts – Newsletter
Copperfish Books – Newsletter
Drug Free Punta Gorda – January-February Newsletter
Lennore Shubel, Realtor – January Newsletter
TIME Realty Services, Inc. – Newsletter
John Wright, President
Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce
Every effort has been made to accommodate guests of all abilities. The Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce is not responsible for the presentation, format or accessibility of customer submitted documents, images and links. For assistance with this document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-639-3720.